Monday, October 10, 2005

GRRR!! I just had a whole posting written and I lost it because I am too quick with the back arrow icon! I forgot I lose things in MadChatter when I do that. I am visiting a friend who was the HS English teacher at Montessori in the VI. She moved back to the rural Philly area. It is a beautiful area - too bad it has been cold and overcast since I got here.

The American Association of School Librarians Conference in Pittsburgh was wonderful. My booktalking session Saturday morning was such fun to present to a full house. We ran out of handouts and they turned people away from the session because of the fire code regulations. Had to remind people they can access the bibliography of YA titles on the AASL website: www.ala.org/aasl. Go to the Conference section and it should have a link to the handouts.

Spent over an hour at the Linworth booth after the presentation signing copies of both Tantalizing Tidbits for Teens and Tantalizing Tidbits for Middle Schoolers. We sold out of the HS edition and I made many promises that I would get the 2nd edition of the HS one out as soon as possible. All the positive feedback from the session and the books have me fired up to go back home and finish up the manuscript for the 2nd edition. It is so invigorating to be around other librarians who love YA literature as much as I do. :-)

Haven't had much time to read since I have been here but I did start a new one by Donna Jo Napoli. And, read Haddix's Escape from Memory. A very interesting SF title about implanting chips into the brain to gather a person's memories. I'll write more about it when I have time. Janna and I are off to do some shopping. I think I am going to have to buy some warm sox and a sweatshirt. BRRRRR!!!