Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oh dear - I just drove poor Steve nuts with my techno-idiocy. We spent a hour on the phone trying to figure what I did to make my laptop go wonky. Every time I tried to get "My Computer" to come up with the drives listed it locked up. But, it worked fine on campus. Just went wonky at home. Apparently I must have removed the USB Hub from the computer incorrectly - in other words I didn't power down or use the remove command from the tool bar. Boy do I learn the hard way! And poor Steve had to try to answer all my stupid questions and deal with my whining. I have the patience of gnat when my computer won't do what I want it to do when I want it to do it! He said it would be over an hour before he could settle back down to go to sleep - it is an hour later in the islands. As soon as we got off the phone I headed into the kitchen and put a few chunks of walnut cranberry oatmeal cookie batter baking in the toaster oven. I'll de-stress with sugar! That and I am watching the tree lighting in Rockefeller Center on CBS. Ooh - gotta get the Sarah McClachlan (sp?) Christmas CD. She is singing my favorite John Lennon Christmas song.

All this stress because I was trying to download the pictures I took in Key West and Kansas City. Apparently it is the flashdrive that was causing the problem so now I have to figure out how to use the cables to attach the camera to the computer - this could prove to be interesting! Perhaps another hour on the phone with Steve. Just the thought of figuring that out is causing a hot flash!

Bummer - I burned the dang cookies! I'm gonna eat them anyway!!!

I think I need to call it a night and go curl up with Mary Higgins Clark's Santa Cruise: A Holiday Mystery at Sea. :-) Just got it from the book club today. A cruise out of Miami to the Caribbean. Of course, a mystery ensues during the voyage with even a ghost sighting. I really need a light mystery right now. I am also reading Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down, which Steve had been given to read and he passed it on to me saying that he thought teens would like it. He knows that is a way to get me to read an adult novel! :-) It is a dark comedy to say the least - four unlikely companions find themselves bonding after they all appear on the roof of a London building, intent on suicide. Teens will relate to British broken hearted Jess and JJ, the American musician who is mourning his lack of fame. The two adults are a hoot as well. One of those books to offer to the older teens who like dark comedy! What a mix to be reading - a light mystery and a book on suicide attempts.

Gotta go - think my cookies are cool enough to eat, burnt edges and all.