Thursday, April 12, 2007



This is my foreign exchange daughter Annika and her husband Nicke outside the pyramids in Egypt. Annie came to live with us in Alaska when she was 17. I was hoping she would teach the kids and I Finnish, but she speaks Swedish! She quickly became another daughter to me, and we have been close ever since. Anne and Nicke were married in the islands, with Steve and I as witnesses, last summer. Anyway, Egypt is a favorite vacation spot for Finns as it is only a 5 hour flight for them. I had to laugh when Annika wrote that the guys who basically "threw them up on the camels" and took the picture kept Nicke up on the camel until he paid them an exorbitant amount of money. He threw such a fit when they let him down they gave some of it back. Never try to trick a Finnish man!