Friday, May 13, 2005

What a hectic week it has been with Open House during the day at Montessori. This is for parents who are interested in sending their kids to the school so they can see a normal Montessori classroom environment in full swing. I have 4th-6th grade students in the library all week working on their state reports, learning how to use almanacs, atlases etc. so I was busy along with presenting basic overviews of the library for the parent groups coming through on tour.

Just got off the phone with my daughter Mary. She is so excited about coming down next month. She and my grandson MJ are visiting for a week at the end of the month - before he turns two in July so I only had to get one ticket instead of two. I am glad the Montessori Yard Sale is next weekend so I can pick up beach toys if they have any. We'll be in the new apt. so he will have a flat area of play so maybe a truck too. I haven't seen MJ since November so I am sure he has grown quite a bit. Downside to living down here is not seeing them enough. Her husband just started a new job so he couldn't come down too and is a bit jealous, but this will be our first mom/daughter time together since they became a couple.

I haven't had as much time to read but I did finish Rosie Rushton's The Dashwood Sisters' Secrets of Love. It is a Hyperion title that came out last month. What a great beach book - I laughed and cried as the three British teenage sisters deal with their father's death and going from being rich private school girls to living in a small rural cottage after the stepmother gets the family home. The oldest sister Ellie is the quiet one who falls for the stepmom's nephew. Abby is the middle sister who is theatrical about everything she does, especially when it comes to guys and dating. And Georgie is the thirteen year old tomboy who realizes that boys are for more that just sailing and hiking with. :-) Add the over protective mother who has never worked a day in her life and you have a fun read.

Since I finished up the final draft of the fiction genre article that will be the feature article in the October 2005 issue of Library Media Connection I am going to "celebrate" and catch up on my email! I've barely had time to touch it in days.