Wednesday, July 27, 2005

It is an overcast day - perfect day to go the beach without getting burned quite as bad. Steve left me the bottle of Panama Jack Sunblock on my desk before he left for work this a.m. This will be my first afternoon at the beach by myself just to veg and read. We have lived here for almost 18 months and I haven't had a lazy beach day yet.

I stayed up until midnight last night and watched an old James Bond movie - You Only Live Twice. Why - I have no idea, other than I liked the Japanese costumes, buildings, etc. I do not care for Sean Connery at all after his comment on the Barbara Walters show about women needing to be slapped once in awhile. I think this is the only Sean Connery Bond movie I have ever watched all the way through. Now, I will watch the ones with Pierce Brosnan. :-) His After the Sunset with Salma Hayek is a really enjoyable movie to watch. The competition between Brosnan's character, a diamond thief, and Woody Harrelson's character, the FBI agent he keeps making a fool of, is quite funny. The scenery of the Bahamas isn't too terrible to look at either.

I just did a search on Barnes and Noble for Ian Fleming books to see if the Bond series is still available in paperback and it is, but I discovered something I honestly had either not known, or forgotten. Fleming is the author of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - the only children's book he ever wrote. And, it's a classic! It is amazing what I find out when I am just wandering around on the Internet. :-)

All for now - need to finish up a few small projects before I hit walk down to the beach.